Saturday, September 8, 2018

Mine

Coming from a restful yet productive weekend, I proceed to incidentally stay at the condo while waiting for a friend as our lunch venue would be in the same place.

I enter the condo.  The furniture was lined with dust, quiet and unmanned.

I open the main switchboard, open the fans, the windows, my music and sit on the chair on my dining room and type my thoughts away.

So quiet.  So alone.  So uncluttered.  So mine.

I could not be more content.

What I would give to live in this place as I would wish.  However, as life would have it, priorities ad in a vacuum.  They are decided considering other people, other feelings, other goals, outside of what is mine.

And that is still the way it should be.  As I realised that upon buying this place and making it mine, It did not make me happy as I imagined.

People did.  Not things.  Sharing things.  Not keeping them to myself.

However, once in a while, I give in to my introvertedness, the wistfulness while thinking, "when can I live in a place as minimal as this, as I would want to?"

Though not an abode, this place is a retreat.  To check in with my thoughts.  To be in the quiet and to check in with me.

For now, in this moment, I could not be more content. :)



1 comment: