Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cheeziness. Reader beware.

I feel like i have been waiting for my OTL for the longest time.  sometimes, the wait makes me feel like i am going to die.  i have had my fair share of people who were like this quote presented above, like my angels.  but what i ask for now is not an angel…but the person.  
will he come?
will you come?
what do i do while waiting?
in my pure panic, i find myself praying to god that the man will be like a parking space.  let me elaborate.
many of my friends are utterly amazed at my capacity to find parking in places where no one else would find parking if their lives depended on it.  i don’t know why.  early on during my driving years, i found myself having the habit of praying to the “parking angel” (as taught by my sister) for a parking space as i step into the parking lot or parking building.  i would then roll down my window to listen for a care starting up, or the sound of the stick shift going into reverse and would rush to the empty parking space.  
i always thought: i would just need one space.  just one.  and that one would be perfect as long as i could fit it it.  
given that i would ALWAYS find parking, i am never worried every time i step into a full parking lot.  my FAITH is so intense that the parking would be saved there just for me.  and it always is.  without fail.
given this and contrasted with my lack of a man, i often find myself praying, “lord, why can’t finding my one true love be just like that one parking slot?  i just need one.  JUST ONE!” 
my close friend tells me to have faith on the one true love just like i do with parking.  even if i don’t see the parking space, i know it is going to be there.  
and if god can give me a small thing i desire, such as parking, who can say that there won’t be that one true love that i desire with my whole being?

next time i find that empty parking, i hope beside my car will be the car of my one true love.  :)  the best is yet to come.  while waiting then, i just hope to bask in that faith.

2 comments:

  1. And sometimes when you leave the parking space you run the risk of hitting a low gutter and getting a fucking dent on one of the doors. That is if you're a horrible driver, but you're not. And you have an angel. I hope I could have that angel too but a tambay who would make guiding gestures behind me as I put the fucking car in and I would only need to give him some loose change. This is the worst/most pointless/most non-contributory analogy-self-serving sort of comment. On a more sensible note I'm not patronizing but I feel like you'd get your man soon and eat him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. i don't think you need an angel. i think you need those video things at the back and the side of the car. you could afford it what with all your kiki!

    ReplyDelete