Wednesday, May 3, 2017

MAYDAY!

two weeks ago, i had a melt down.  imagine your 75 year old father wanting to get married to an 18 year old.

well, it wasn't really something like that, but kind of something like that in intensity.

imagine getting a piece of news of that magnitude while you are alone.

thankfully i wasn't.

the time i received that message, i was in the company of friends.  friends who laughed with me, cried with me, got surprised with me.

i was in the SMS company of siblings as well.

and just like that, everything was bearable.

as such, for the first time in a long time, i posted a single liner Facebook status update: friends, siblings, thank you.  you know who you are.

that post got very few likes.

but the response of my real close friends was overwhelming.  they realized, before i did, that i was actually sending out a mayday!

Mayday is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice procedure radio communications.

i got dinner invites.
i got lunch invites.
i got text messages.
i got offers to print and submit my homework.
i got classmates handling my schedule for me.
i got fake phone referrals which are really disguised "how are you?"
i got long distance calls from london.
i got pizza parties.
i got coffee meet-ups.

all in a week.  all in that hell of a time.  in order to help me through it.  it was a miracle.

they knew me well.

and i realized, that sometimes, when my family cannot give me what i need, God gives a surplus of love via my family from other parents who never allow me to feel alone.

Lord, thank you for my friends and siblings.

now, if only i could go to a road trip or a plane ride with any of them…

that is another story!

1 comment:

  1. Oo, kinabahan ako doon sa post mo Mar. I’m glad you’re okay now. Miss you! ��

    ReplyDelete