Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Life Goals

I am at an impasse.  Yet again.  I feel this growing restlessness inside me.  Thankfully, this long plane-ride, my laptop, my reflection questions, and above all, TIME, is on my side.  I am slowing down.  And I ask myself…

What are my CURRENT life goals?

CURRENT is an operative word.  Things change.  People change.  Values change.  I cannot even count  how much I have changed over the past few years, especially when I was “released” into the world away from training.  Today, September 5, 2017, what are my life goals?
  1.   To be one with my family and friends.  Relationships are the most important.  To let the people I love know that I do, without fear of how they will react.  And I usually do that through the love language of time. 
  2.  To continue to advocate for the value of life through teaching
  3.  To share music in my soul
  4.  To live cleanly: diet, exercise, and avoid clutter in my house. 

Thinking further, my mind is blank.  I could not come up with any more life goals.  Yes, I want money (ehhehehehehe), but I have come to the conclusion during this trip, and all the other trips that have presented themselves to me this year, that money is not an end, but merely a tool.  That money cannot be the master but the mere consequence of fulfilling one’s life purpose as above.

Given the four points above, I am challenged to come up with my own life motto.  Consider it my 40th birthday gift to myself for the coming 2018.  However, at the moment, I cannot come up with one, so I list down the ones I live by.  Among my favorites are:

  1. 1.     Live long and prosper.  Yes, I am the ultimate star trek fan.
  2. 2.     Time is Gold.  Hardly original (hi annski!), but very, very true.
  3. 3.     Health is wealth.  Self-explanatory
  4. 4.     And of course…PTN…Para Tapos Na!  Of course, this sounds negative, but is truly a driving force for me to get things done.


Having listed down my goals and my motto, the remainder of 2017 and 2018 will be spent pruning away the things that I would already want to pass on the other people, and possibly starting projects that I really am passionate about:
  1. 1.     kidney advocacy facebook page
  2. 2.     singing group of contemporary, newly arranged songs, where we are to learn a new song once a week.  Possibly to perform at rolando’s during mic night.
  3. 3.     Seeing patients
  4. 4.     Finishing masters in physiology to teach
  5. 5.     Starting to study in College of Music (after literally 20 years of delay!)
  6. 6.     Passing on the PSN CME after this year
  7. 7.     Weekly cleaning of the house
  8. 8.     Thanking people NOW and not being afraid to.
  9. 9.     Monthly reflection / blogging?
  10. 10. Finally sharing my blog to the public!

Sounds like a plan.

Until the next planning session then.

2 comments:

  1. Ang dami ko na palang backlog! ;-) Thanks for tagging me in your FB comments, I remembered to visit. Am not online much.
    You know, ever since I read SAFM’s post on “Minimum Requirement”, I have come to appreciate the wisdom behind those three letters: P.T.N. Interesting how it can also be an abbreviation for “Procrastination” like HTN is for “Hypertension” X_X, when in fact it stands for the opposite, “Para Tapos Na.” Every time I am faced with a task I don’t particularly feel passionate about at the moment, I just have to remind myself “Gawin na, para tapos na.” Mag-rounds ng maaga, para tapos na. Gawin na ang lecture, para tapos na. Hugasan na ang pinagkainan, para tapos na. Maglinis ng bahay, pero parang walang katapusan ang kalat. @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but sometimes aggie, it just makes you think if we really like what we are doing. but then again, the feeling of satisfaction after having done something really feels great, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete