Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Entanglement of Gen Med RTDs

It’s been a long time since I attended a Gen Med RTD. I found that it is the disadvantage (or maybe an advantage !) of being in a government institution.  Most often,  I just attend nephro events which I find more intimate and more relevant in my life.

However, I was duped just this week when a very kind Med Rep (yes the recipe for disaster) persistently invited me to a nutrition symposium.  Not thinking (yes, another ingredient for the recipe of disaster!), I was ready to say no because the venue was so far.  The Med Rep, whom we shall kindly call Poy, smoothly replied that there would be transportations and that I would be billeted in makati Shang Rila hotel.

All my resolve to say no suddenly disappeared with her kindness and her billeted-ness.  Given that I proceeded to make plans to invite SAFM, BOTD and hallokathy to my billetedness.  We resolved to eat drink and be merry.

Little did I realize that the event fell on the same day as the PSN pre convention!  Little did I realize that I needed to be at EDSA shang (not makati Shang!) post billeted-day to receive the PSN award (yes that for another post). Little did I realize hay this summit would entail around a thousand guests, that he pharmaceutical over-invites people, that I would be forced to sit through 5 lectures, and that I would have a toxic post cardiac surgery Icu patient that I would be managing via satellite q1 minute.  Little did I know that I would still have to cram slides for a PSN meeting!

Lesson learned :  wag na mag pa PO sa mga Gen Med RTD.  Sayang sa time, sayang sa pagod.

Entanglements.


No comments:

Post a Comment