Sunday, May 6, 2018

trust

Proverbs 3:5-10

5Trust in the Lordwith all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.3:6 Or will direct your paths
7Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lordand shun evil.
8This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
9Honor the Lordwith your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.



pardon this long sharing.

the introduction really spoke to me. this is the year, 2018, when I believe, I have come closest to putting my trust in god the most. I didn't realise that it was a long process in coming, but it did.

I love this verse, and I always remember Gary v's song, and sing this in my mind when things become difficult. though love is the means by which all good things flow, trust is necessary to this love. trust is like sitting on the passenger seat, not holding the steering wheel and letting god move things. and when this trust is present, things just flow and walking becomes easy. there is no fight. the challenge is always to stay in this state of trust and not let what we want take control. 

I believe that when i trust, god knows what we want and he provides the outcome in the best possible, surprising but wonderful way.

however, I always still pray this everyday: Lord, if it is not Your will, let it slip through my grasp and give me the peace not to worry about it.

and this: you don't need t know where you are going if god is leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment