Friday, February 24, 2017

the struggle is real

i have always struggled with my weight, food and exercise.

lately though, i have noted that exercise has become my best friend…but food has not.

i must share this struggle.

after a master's class, i found myself walking through the (not-so) hallowed halls of robinson's place manila, a place i used to call home for the longest time.

i was gallivanting merrily through the corridors when i saw it.

auntie ann's.  i imagined the freshly baked pretzels, sweetly admixed with lovely saltiness, possibly with cream cheese topping melting over the top.  and with a nice coooooool glass of lemonade with lots and lots of ice.  mmmmmm…

i shook my head no and walked away.

after which, i saw figaro stall at the middle of the mall.  i saw the oatmeal cookies, and the delicious smell of coffee wafted to my nostrils.  mmmm…

i shook my head no and walked away.

then, i saw the churros of the relatively newly opened la lolas, spilling over the paper cone, with chocolate dip dripping form the sides.  the churros with grease and chocolate deliciously wrapping the insides of my mouth with sweetness, the crunch of the chorus rebelling against my teeth.  mmmmmm.

i shook my head no and walked away.

next, i smelled the buttery scent of the bibingkinitan.  i saw the rich, yellow, fluffy rice cakes gloriously glazed with butter with the salted egg royally set on top.  i could imagine the warm feeling in my mouth, stomach and heart upon eating that bibingka.

i shook my head no and walked away.

i then saw the potato corner stand.  i could imagine the salty cheesiness or sour creamy flavor coating the newly fried french fries.

i shook my head no and walked away.

i finally reached the exit of the mall but it was raining.  and then i saw it.  a lady was carrying a big box of goldilocks.  my brain immediately conjured up pictures of the  mocha roll, fluffy, airy, with overlying creamy icing.

i succumbed. i bought a mocha-butter slice for P21.

i can really be a certified foodie.  i love food.  it speaks to me.  the struggle is real.

any tips?

1 comment:

  1. Tips.... white hat is relatively healthy! Right! Just dont request for extra granola! Whereas before we would abusively eat cerealicious and white hat in one sitting now we should only eat white hat (Baker's hat with blue berry cheesecake toppings). But it's gone na ata and in its place is some pizza restaurant. Everything is gone! Even cerealicious has been supplanted by some new millennial food stall!

    ReplyDelete