Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are My Receiving Channels On?


Lately in life, i found myself asking God for the important things. 

But lately, i think I have found that i had a closed heart.  As such, i think it was really positively providential that i came across this list of questions.

Here is a checklist to make sure you have your receiving channels open:

1.  Do you receive compliments well?
When i was younger, i was part of that population that population that always shunned compliments:

friend: uy, friend, you are such a nice person!
me: realleah???
friend: az in!
me: di namaaaaaaaaan!

a big and important birthing pain to my new self came from one of my good friends, miss ross.  now, miss ross was into new age, improving oneself, and being one with the Lord.  I guess she was one of the many people that got me into this new age phase of my life.

Now, miss ross is hardly the sweety-tuuu-tums pa-effect type.  She is a hard core person, bent on succeeding (although sometimes, her impulses get the better of her!).  And she utilizes all these redeiving channels principles in her daily life.  Example:

Me: wow miss ross! I love your dress!  
Miss ross (without eyelash): thanks!!!
Me: and your shoes!
Miss ross: thank you!

Man, you can compliment her on anything, even the small-ness of her facial pores or her fast walking and she will just automatically say "thank you!"

As such, i try to emulate her behaviorally.  Even if at times there is that little voice in my head that used to say "hindi naman!" 

Amazingly though, that voice inside my head eventually became quiet that i believed whatever compliment was given to me!!!

2.Do you receive gifts easily?

This is pretty embarrassing, but i only received a bouquet of flowers romantically (which i really loved by the way!) once in my life.  I wish that it can really be romantic, but it embarrasses me to remember what i said:

Cutefunnyguy (alang hihirit!): (holds flowers!)
Me: omgeeee, is that for your mom? 

Right now, i have to practic saying thank you.  I guess it is kind of easier right now because my peers are kind of earning more, and i don't think that when they give, they would end up not having anything to eat.

luckily for me, i think that my capacity to receive gifts improved one fateful tuesday when i went to makati.  CFG assisted with with my much needed escapade of getting back my license, treated me to lunch.  as much as it was an effort to pay for the bill or resist, i just let myself be.  and it was different, but happy. :)

3.  Do you accept help when it is offered?

this exercise becomes a challenge for me everytime i board the train and a gentleman offers his seat.  every time someone does that, i feel happy, but at the same time shy to take the seat.  i often just say thank you (and they are often just kebs), but take the seat anyway. 
4.  Do you accept a meal when it is being paid for by a friend?

yes, but with one resistance question: are you sure? or, di na.
then, if the person insists, i say thank you.  i guess the challenge is to say thank you right off the bat at the initial offer.  

i guess my receiving channels are opening up. :)  

3 comments:

  1. my receiving channels have been wide open, spread-eagled, with a sucking vortex, nung purita hellowship days, kaya never ko tinanggihan ang mga offer me for free dinner ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahhahahahah will make it up once I fulfill the "Uy pag yumaman ka" statement ahahahahahahhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. malapit na ang pagyaman. as in bukas! basta maging clinic secretary...ang nanay mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hanggang sa dulo ng post na ito, tawa pa rin ako ng tawa dun sa cute funny guy (yihee!) flowers for... Mom! :D
    ang kulit mo willy! di bale malapit na ang pagyaman. and when you do, magsusumaapaw yan, forcing your giving channels wider open than your receiving channels were. sana maging recipient ako hihi :)

    ReplyDelete