Wednesday, August 21, 2013

getting back into the groove through a little gratitude

it has been a long time, my blog friend.

i forgot that i have this blog page, until i saw some notification ins SAFM that he has a new blog.  yes, my, my, my, its been a long time.

the real reason i remembered this blog is because this past year, i have been getting myself a lot of emails and newsletters regarding new age stuff: gratitude, positive thinking, and so on.  now, while my past self would have laughed at these things, i find that these new things are interesting and somehow put the weight off my shoulders.  hahahaha.  i was looking for a place i could post these gratitude entries...hence, i remembered my old blog!

i am subscribed to this personal excellence website.  i mean after 13 years of medical training and all the school after that, it's kind of easy to get lost with no instruction.  i found my reprieve online.  PE (personal excellence) has been sending challenges or activities to be done so i decided to try the gratitude challenge on this new blog.  unfortunately, i have had a backlog of 7 days, so i will try to catch up and document them here while the internet is fast here in the HD unit i am working in.

Day 0 - start a gratitude journal.  check!

Day 1 - write 10 things you are grateful for in life
1.  i am out of hellowship!
2.  my work is flexi time!
3.  i have friends!
4.  my dad and i are trying to have a good relationship!
5.  i have bottomless internet access during mondays and wednesdays!
6.  i really, really, really love my work!
7.  i have sisters, siblings that i am really close to!
8.  i never run out of food to eat!
9. i have salary that lets me buy things i want, like an Ipad mini!
10.  that i love my ipad mini!
11.  that i feel pretty with my perm!

Day 2 - give thanks for my food
i was reminded to pause before praying and pray my favorite pre meal prayer taught to me in my all girls school past: bless us oh lord, with these thine gifts, which we are about to receive, from thy bounty, through Christ our Lord, Amen!

three things i am grateful for today:
1.  i passed the nephro boards
2.  i have my cute pamangkins
3.  i have happy textmates!

Day 3 - write a gratitude note to someone
i wrote a gratitude text to someone who helped me claim my license.  and we had a really, really, really great lunch that i was happy about.  i do think that i say thank you a lot, and for that i am happy.  :)

will do so now for my closest friends who remain in the med!  these are anj, queen and wil

hi anj! i hope that research is going well. anyway, just to drop a short line saying thanks so much for all the sanity in the middle of the insanity i am constantly part of! call it the senti bug, but i guess i really miss our constant goings out in the middle of the bagyo. hope we can get together soon!

hi queenie! wala lang, i am into this 14 day gratitude challenge, and one of the challenges is to write a gratitude letter to one of my friends. bilang baduy, at bilang matitiis mo ito, i would just want to say thank you for being such a constant friend and for keeping me sane in all the weirdness. i guess time has a way of telling me na magiging friends na talaga tayo forever. sa kasal ko, isa kang MOH ha! i hope that you get everything that you deserve because you are really a great person. hahahahhaa. excited to see you at the feast on sunday!

hi wil! i just read your blogs, and as such, i read my blog too. i started a new gratitude part, may isang challenge, ikaw ang andun. just thanks for all the years of katatawanan, anatomy group mate ness and everything. na senti ako sa part where i read the subway. i hope we can do it again soon. meet up!

three things i am grateful for today:
1.  i have cellular phone to keep in touch with people
2.  i was able to eat sbarro white cheese pizza
3.  i have a car and i can travel around
4.  i threw a surprise bridal shower party and sang my heart out for a friend today, and i think everyone thought it went well!
5.  i got to see a stripper for the first time in my life!

Day 4 - reflect on the meaning of gratitude
gratitude for me means being grateful, giving thanks, or acknowledging the cosmos for the blessings i have received.
it is important because it opens up the brighter side of things, makes me feel lucky, and takes the weight off my shoulders.  i think it is a key that opens me up to more blessings. :)

three things i am grateful for today:
1.  i was able to attend the feast with Jayne and have a short time chatting with them
2.  i had enough earnings to tithe
3.  i was able to have dinner with dad and mike in the expensive resto without having to get into an argument. :)  and i think dad had fun. :)

Day 5 - Identify the three things you like about your adversary
I rarely have any adversaries in my life, but one person i often have a difficult time with ever since i was young was my dad.  i choose him.

three things i like about my dad:
1.  he helped make me who i am:  my education, etc.  i will always honor him for that.
2.  he is very intelligent
3.  he is thoughtful.

there was a bit of resistance when i noted these things, but they are true and i cannot object to them.  goes to show that there is really some good in people.

three things i am grateful for today:
1.  i got to spend time with sisses in tagaytay to attend rory's wedding and it was a lot of fun.
2.  i was able to sleep in during the weekend
3.  i have ken, my overseas mentor friend who helps me in christ. :)

Day 6 - Give thanks for my life
  1. People and external/higher powers responsible for your physical birth (and as a result, your life).
  2. Anyone and anything who have helped make you the person you are today and directly or indirectly brought you to where you are in life today
thank you god, that i may draw closer to you every day.
thank you mom, dad, and inay for bringing me to this world.  also super lolo and super lola and super itay.
thank you to my sisters, their families which help shape me.
thank you to mike. for challenging me.
thank you to all my mentors in MC, all the mentors in UP Diliman and UP CM.
thank you to my colleagues outside PGH, for teaching me of a new life here in QC, for helping me start practice.
thank you to my friends for keeping me sane.
thank you for my residents for teaching me medical and non medical things which are important.
thank you for my patients for continually keeping me on my toes.
thank you for those who have just come and gone, but left their mark on me whether it be my personal life or career life.

three things i am grateful for today
1.  that i can sing
2.  we got wicked tickets!
3.   that for the first time in a long time, i feel happy talaga.  weird.


Day 7 - Give thanks for myself
i am grateful for the job i do, i am grateful that i think i am a nice person, i am grateful that i no longer think of myself as a push over, i am grateful that i think i have a bit more self love.   far cry from 2012.  i guess i am grateful for me because i feel like i have been rebuilt and that i am happy.  and i care less of what other people think.  and i like that.  I am comfortable with myself
i am grateful for being me because i can make choices and i think that i have a great capacity to love and to be good.  :)

three things i am grateful for today:
1.  i started cleaning out my room
2.  i can transfer to my other room
3.  i was able to buy two pairs of shoes for the upcoming wedding!
4.  i started meditation and it helps me go to sleep
5. an old patient i missed complimented me that i looked thinner and congratulated me that i passed the nephro board exam!
6.  i saw wils blog and it made me laugh!
7.  i am more comfortable with being feminine.
8.  i have happy textmates.  ;)
9.  that i was able to help a family in tawitawi via sis virgie.
10.  we did not get flooded
11.  holiday last monday, today, and this coming monday!  increased pay!

til the next installment.  :)

4 comments:

  1. AHOY! Ten AHOYs! AHAHAHAHAHAH! My favorite part is getting to eat at this expensive restaurant! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sana makapunta na ko ulit mla pero sana andun ang buong cast of characters ahahahahahahahahha! POSI!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahoooy na ahoooy. why is it only now that i have stumbled upon thizzzz? heehee. it's so posi. ayloveeeeet. ipagpatuloy! :)

      Delete
  2. eat at expensive resto! tayo na, let's go. keep reading safm, before you know it, posi ka na rin.

    ReplyDelete